Look beyond your brush and palette to discover the role of a great title in the creation of a painting. Whether the title is a creative spark for your new piece, refines its direction at the mid-point to move a painting along, or cements your thoughts upon completion, give your viewers a deeper understanding of your art with an amazing title.
Illustrated with 28 paintings, this colorful and quirky list of unexpected painting titles will unlock your creativity, help you generate new ideas, and inspire you to paint (or finish a painting) with the intention of expressing yourself as an artist.
- Content, difficult to understand and even more difficult to teach, is the overwhelming essence of art.
- Content , putting ideas, emotions and yourself in your art, can be inspired by a great title.
- A great title can direct the content in your work.
- A great title helps you communicate your inspiration to your viewers.
- This book is designed to help you develop your own great titles.
2000 Painting Titles is available from Cheap Joe's Art Stuff and Amazon.com.
Five Ways To Rescue Desperate Watercolors by Susan Webb Tregay AWS, NWS
Finish that painting and take your work to new heights.
Finishing a painting is by far the hardest part of art, but until a piece is done, it gets tucked away and chalked up as another failure. This book is not meant to teach you how to paint like me, but how to paint like yourself--only better! No matter what media you choose to work in, let me walk you through the last 15 or 20 percent of your painting. Through these 5 steps, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It1Qz1LZZwQyou will learn to "master disaster." Students who have taken this course have told me that I changed their lives. Now let me change yours.
Master Disaster is based on the experiences derived from teaching my most popular course, "Master Disaster, 5 Steps to Finishing your Paintings." With 300 images to guide you, learn to work your through the last 20 percent of your painting in any media. Master Disaster is also a wonderful overview of my work. Both traditional and contemporary paintings in watercolor and various mixed media will guide you to dynamically crossing the finish line with each of your paintings. (North Light Publishers, 2007, $29.99.
- Through 5 simple steps, you will learn to master disaster in any media. No more wimpy watercolors. No more disjointed acrylics. Kill it or cure it.
- Learn 25 ways to unify your paintings. Make them pull viewers in from across the room.
- Introduce mood and content into your work through color strategies.
- Work your way through this book, then move on. This book give you 8 specific ideas for continued growth.
Peek at my Master Disaster video on YouTube or download the complete class from ArtistsNetwork.com.
Featured book for the North Light Book Club in April 2007, Master Disaster, 5 Ways to Rescue Desperate Watercolors, is available at www.Amazon.com.
Or join me (or hire me) in a workshop where these topics are intertwined with lively discussions on all aspects of being an artist.